An innovative national Vanguard programme is enabling health and social care professionals in North East Hampshire and Farnham to speed up plans to develop new ways of providing and paying for support and services for local people.
Our ambitious programme aims to keep people happy, healthy and at home. It will see local people supported to improve their own health and wellbeing and when they are ill or need support, they will receive the best possible joined-up care.
We will achieve this by focusing on:
- prevention and self care - helping people to self-manage their own health condition, empower them to make choices about their care and ensure the right services are available to all our communities.
- integrated teams of specialist health and social care professionals - quickly establishing (by the end of July) teams comprising community nurses, occupational therapists, physiotherapists, social workers, a psychiatric nurse, a lead psychiatrist, a pharmacist, a geriatrician, GPs, the voluntary sector, and specialists in palliative care and domiciliary care. They will ensure joined-up care for patients, especially those who are vulnerable or have complex needs. These teams will be located in Farnham, Aldershot, Farnborough, Fleet and Yateley.
- enhanced community services - for people in their own homes, in GP surgeries and local, community hospitals
- access into and out of specialist inpatient care - in community hospitals (such as in Farnham and Fleet) as well as Frimley Park Hospital .
This new model of health and social care, designed by health and care professionals with local people and will look and feel different. It will:
- result in better outcomes and experience for local people – helping them to be happy, healthy and wherever possible, supported at home
- provide better value for money, helping to close the gap between the available resources and the costs of providing services to meet need.
The way services are commissioned and the way organisations are set up to provide the services will also be reshaped to best support the new model of care.
The Vanguard programme is made up of clinicians and services managers from NHS North East Hampshire and Farnham CCG, Frimley Health NHS Foundation Trust, Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust, Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, Virgin Care, South East Coast Ambulance NHS Foundation Trust, North Hampshire Urgent Care and Hampshire and Surrey County Councils. We will also work with patients, the public, voluntary organisations and other service providers as partners to help shape, develop and continually improve the way services are provided.