The Medicines Management Team aims to improve the use of medicines across the local community to ensure people receive the right choice of medicine at the right time to:
- Improve health outcomes
- Avoid taking unnecessary medicines
- Improve medicines safety
- Reduce the wastage of medicines
The Medicines Management Team is a team of Pharmacists, supported by a Project Manager, who work with GP practices to help get the best out of medicines for our population.
If you are a patient and are looking for some information or the answer to a question about medicines, please speak to your GP or Community Pharmacist, or have a look at one of the following links:
- NHS Choices - http://www.nhs.uk/pages/home.aspx
- NHS Choices – Pharmacy & Medicines - http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/category.aspx?CategoryID=73
- Your prescription, your choice - http://psnc.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Poster-combatting-prescription-direction-FINAL-MAIN.pdf
- Find a Community Pharmacy near you - http://www.nhs.uk/Service-Search/Pharmacy/LocationSearch/10
- Medicines and travelling abroad - http://www.nhs.uk/chq/Pages/1074.aspx?CategoryID=70&SubCategoryID=175
- Information on prescription charges and exemptions - http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthcosts/Pages/Prescriptioncosts.aspx
- Information on medicines waste - http://www.medicinewaste.com/help
Please see the CCG page ‘Your health matters’ http://www.northeasthampshireandfarnhamccg.nhs.uk/your-health-matters to find out how you can manage your minor ailments and how your local Community Pharmacist can help.
Frimley Health Foundation Trust Joint Formulary
The Frimley Health Foundation Trust Formulary is a list of medications that are recommended for prescribing locally, jointly agreed with local specialists.
Medicines are reviewed for inclusion on the formulary by the Frimley Health Area Prescribing Committee (FH APC).
Medicines Optimisation Position Statements
Medicines Optimisation position statements describe the CCG stance on the cost-effective, safe use of specific medicines.
Position statements on the following topics can be found in the Documents section of this website (link below)
- 001 (2017) Research Trials and NHS Funding: Excess treatment costs and post-trial treatments
- 002 (2017) NHS prescribing following private consultation
- 003 (2017) Prescribing of generic and branded medicines
- 004 (2017) Prescribing of co-proxamol
- 005 (2017) Vitamins and antioxidants for ocular conditions
- 006 (2017) Medicine Supply for British Nationals Going Abroad
- 007 (2017) Freestyle Libre