The delegation of this role from NHS England to the CCG is an extremely important development in the planning of healthcare services provided to the local population. The move was two-stage, as the CCG had initially elected to operate under joint delegated powers. This meant that for several months in 2015 and 2016 we worked with NHS England’s Wessex Area Team through a Joint Primary Care Commissioning Committee (see below for meeting papers). It was during this period CCG leaders resolved to take a bolder approach and to assume responsibility for commissioning primary care.
As the new commissioner for local primary care, we will be able to work more closely with our 23 member practices on planning the services provided to local people. We are working with them and their GP federation – Salus Medical Services Ltd – to better analyse the population, to identify trends and particular areas of need, allowing us to target resources where they can have the greatest impact.
The next meeting of the Delegated Primary Care Commissioning Committee will be between 10.30am and 12.30am on Wednesday, June 13 at:
North East Hampshire and Farnham Clinical Commissioning Group
Aldershot Centre for Health
- Wednesday 11 July 2018 – 09:30 to 11:30 – Vulcan Room, Rushmoor Borough Council, Council Offices, Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7JU
- No meeting in August 2018
- Wednesday 12 September 2018 - 09:30 to 11:30 – Room PCT07, North East Hampshire and Farnham CCG, Aldershot Centre for Health, Hospital Hill, Aldershot GU11 1AY
- Wednesday 10 October 2018 - Vulcan Room, Rushmoor Borough Council, Council Offices, Farnborough Road, Farnborough GU14 7JU
- Wednesday 14 November 2018 - 09:30 to 11:30 – North East Hampshire and Farnham CCG, Aldershot Centre for Health, Hospital Hill, Aldershot GU11 1AY
- No meeting in December 2018