North East Hampshire and Farnham Logo

Disability services and support

NHS support and services


Community team for people with learning disabilities for people with learning disabilities: South West Surrey and North East Hampshire

(Surrey and Borders Partnership NHS Foundation Trust)

Our core purpose is to work with people and lead communities in improving their mental and physical health and wellbeing for a better life; through delivering excellent and responsive prevention, diagnosis, early intervention, treatment and care.

Web: Tel: 0300 55 55 222

18 Mole Business Park, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7AD


Health information for people with learning disabilities

Southern Health NHS Foundation Trust (formed by a merger between Hampshire Partnership NHS Foundation Trust and Hampshire Community Health Care) provides specialised mental health and learning disability services across Hampshire and its surrounding area helping people to stay independent in their own homes.

Web: Tel: 023 8087 4000

Tatchbury Mount, Calmore, Southampton. SO40 2RZ


Continuing healthcare (West Hampshire CCG)

NHS continuing healthcare’ is a package of continuing care provided over an extended period of time, to a person aged 18 or over, to meet significant and complex physical or mental health needs that have arisen as a result of disability, accident or illness.


Tel: 02380 627 444

Omega House, 112 Southampton Road, Eastleigh, Hampshire SO50 5PB


Special care dentistry (Solent NHS Trust)

Solent NHS Trust provide a quality dental service for all ages who require a more specialised approach to their care and are unable to receive this in a GP practice. People who come in to this category are those with a physical, sensory, intellectual, mental, medical, emotional or social impairment or disability, including those who are housebound.


Tel: 023 8069 8676

Dental Administration Office, Oakhill House, 2-6 Romsey, Road,  Shirley,  Southampton  SO16 4BZ


Hampshire County Council

Hampshire County Council, The Castle, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8UJ

Email: Telephone: 0845 603 5638


Adult services - learning disabilities

Our aim is to deliver a much better range of day opportunities, education, housing and supported employment.

Web: Tel: 0845 603 5630

Hampshire County Council, The Castle, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8UJ


Adult services - Living with disabilities and long term conditions

If you have a disability or long-term condition, there are many organisations who may be able to help you stay as independent as possible. Use this information to decide what support you need. It is important that you make choices that are right for you to live the life you want.


Hampshire County Council, The Castle, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8UJ


Hampshire Learning Disability Partnership Board

The Hampshire Learning Disability Partnership Board meets every two months to talk about opportunities and support for people with learning disabilities and their family and carers in Hampshire.


Hampshire County Council, The Castle, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8UJ


e.VOLve provides an online directory of voluntary and community organisations within Hampshire and the Isle of Wight. The directory also includes organisations providing support from neighbouring areas.



Hampshire Handyperson Service

The Hampshire Handyperson service helps to provide independent living for people who are older, vulnerable or have a disability. This service helps people who wish to keep their independence by living in their own home, but who need help with home maintenance and minor repairs to help them to live comfortably.

Web: Tel: 0333 400 8299

Sarsen Court Horton Avenue, Devizes Wiltshire SN10 2AZ 


Surrey County Council Services

Contact Centre Room, 296-298 County Hall Penrhyn Road Kingston upon Thames KT1 2DN

Email: Tel: 03456 009 009 (8am-6pm weekdays)


Disability web links

Topics include visual and hearing impairment, general disability and language difficulties.



Special educational needs and disability

Help in finding childcare, Education and learning and general support.



Health Action Plan for people with learning disabilities

A Health Action Plan is a personal plan about what a person with learning disabilities can do to be healthy. It lists any help people might need to do those things. It helps to make sure people get the services and support they need to be healthy.



Adults with learning disabilities

Disability related information about employment, day services, the Surrey County Autism project, Shared Lives, Partnership Boards, advocacy and advice services. Also links to information about transport, health action planning and registering and adult with a disability.

Web: Tel: (General Enquiries): 03456 009 009

Surrey County Council, County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames KT1 2DN


Surrey Learning Disability Partnership Board

The website for The Learning Disability Partnership Board in Surrey and our Local Valuing People Groups



Surrey Health Action

Easy-read health resources for people with learning disabilities and their supporters, to help them look after their health and access health care.



Rushmoor Borough Council

Rushmoor Borough Council, Farnborough Road Farnborough Hampshire GU14 7JU

Email: Telephone: 01252 398399


Useful websites for disabled people

Click for websites with information and support for people with disabilities.



Disability Directory

This publication is designed to draw together details of the wide range of organisations who offer support and services to members of the community who may need assistance in improving their quality of life. (February 2012 - Issue 3)



Hospital services


Surrey County Hospital - people with learning disabilities

Helpful information and links to resources for people with learning disabilities to help them get the right support in hospital.

Web: Tel: 01483 571122.


Patient Advice and Liaison Service

The Royal Surrey County Hospital NHS Foundation Trust Egerton Road, Guildford GU2 7XX


Caring for and supporting carers


Support Groups


Frimley Park Hospital NHS Foundation Trust


Information for carers


Support groups


Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS)


Parents and carers support


Action for Carers Surrey

Is a carer-led organisation which aims to raise awareness of carers' needs and concerns through our Giving Carers a Voice service, enabling carers to have their views heard in Surrey and nationally. We work in partnership with statutory and voluntary organisations to promote how they can best serve carers within Surrey.

Web: Tel: 01483 302 748

Astolat, Coniers Way, New Inn Lane, Guildford, Surrey GU4 7HL


The Princess Royal Trust for Carers in Hampshire (Carers Trust)

Now a part of the Carers Trust our charity exists to support the needs of unpaid carers. Amongst the services it provides are: information, advice and guidance, support and counselling, advocacy and representation, assistance with applying for benefits and for help from  statutory bodies, opportunities for short and long term respite, access to training and education, carers support groups, emergency planning for carers and an Alzheimer’s café.

Web: Tel: 01264 835246

Andover War Memorial Hospital, Charlton Road,  Andover, Hampshire SP10 3LB


Surrey Parent Partnership

Provides impartial and independent information, advice and support to parents of children with special educational needs (SEN) at all stages of their child's school life, from pre-school through to school-leaving at 16 or 19 and for those with learning difficulties and/or disabilities to 25.

Web:  Tel (Helpline): 01737 737300

Third floor Consort House, 5 – 7 Queensway, Redhill, Surrey RH1 1YB


Family Voice Surrey

Family Voice Surrey was created in 2010 to be the official parent-carer forum for the whole of the unitary authority of Surrey.

Web: Tel: 01372 705708

c/o Voluntary Action Elmbridge Residents' House Community Walk Esher Surrey   KT10 9RA


Parent Voice (Hampshire)

Parent Voice is an information and advice service for parents and carers of disabled children aged 0-19 in Hampshire.

Web:  Tel: 0300 303 8603

Parent Voice, 300 Aldermoor Road, Southampton, SO16 5NA


Hampshire Gateway

Hampshire Gateway provides a gateway to recreation and leisure for all disabled children and young people who may require additional support to access opportunities within their communities.

Web: Tel: 0300 303 8603

Hampshire Gateway, Bradbury Centre, 300 Aldermoor Road, Southampton, SO16 5NA


General health


NHS Choices - living with disability

Advice and information and about a wide range of disability support and services.



Advocacy SEAP

We provide advocacy support through well-trained and highly-motivated advocates who enable their clients to express themselves, ensuring that everyone who uses health and social care services can have their voice heard on issues that are important to them.

Web: Tel: 0330 440 9000

SEAP Hastings Upper Ground Floor, Aquila House, Breeds Place, Hastings, East Sussex TN34 3UY


NHS Choices – Advocacy services



Hampshire Advocacy Regional Groups

Directory of Advocacy providers in Hampshire 2014



Mencap Direct

Mencap Direct is the easiest way for you to access advice and information about learning disability and find the right support and Mencap services in your area.

Web: Tel: 0808 808 1111


Having a child with a learning disability

This information has been written for parents to give them an introduction to learning disability and receiving a diagnosis. It provides information about supporting other family members and planning for the future, and a guide to some of the professionals you may come into contact with.

Web: Tel: 0808 808 1111




Autism Hampshire

Autism Hampshire offers direct services to over 100 adults on the autistic spectrum as well as providing Outreach support to many more.

Web:  Tel (Enquiries): 02380 633951

22 Midanbury Lane, Bitterne Park, Southampton, Hampshire, SO18 4HP


Local Autism Directory (Hampshire)

The Local Autism Directory (LAD) is the response to people’s request for a one-stop-shop of information.

Web: Tel (Enquiries): 02380 633951

22 Midanbury Lane, Bitterne Park, Southampton, Hampshire, SO18 4HP


Good Neighbours Support Service

There are more than 100 voluntary groups in the Good Neighbours Network in Hampshire. The groups are there for people who do not have anyone else to turn to when they need a bit of help. Most groups have volunteers who use their own cars to take people to and from GP and hospital appointments. Some groups

  • Do shopping
  • Befriend or visit people
  • Sit for carers
  • Hold regular coffee mornings, lunch and social clubs
  • Change light bulbs and do simple DIY
  • Offer letter reading and helping people with paperwork


Tel: 023 9289 9671   Mobile: 07827 925326 

Good Neighbours Support Service  First Floor,  Peninsular House,  Wharf Road,  Portsmouth PO2 8HB


Surrey Community Action Voluntary Car Schemes

Voluntary Car Schemes provide community based care and support for people in the local community who do not have access to affordable transport.

A lack of transport can lead to social isolation and make day-to-day life a lot more difficult and expensive.

Volunteers will donate their time, and their wheels, to help people:

  • Make connections with buses or trains
  • Attend GP, Dentist or Optician appointments
  • Visit friends or family in hospital
  • Go shopping
  • Visit friends


Astolat, Coniers Way New Inn Lane, Burpham, Guildford, Surrey GU4 7HL Tel: 01483 566 072


Disability Challengers

We offer a wide range of fun activities for children and young people to take part in. The breadth of activities that we provide mean that we can offer disabled young people something to do and somewhere to go from the age of 2 to 25.


Challengers Guildford (Head Office), Stoke Park, Guildford, Surrey, GU1 1TU Tel: 01483 579 390



LinkAble is a Woking-based charity providing sports, social and recreational activities for children and adults with a broad range of learning disabilities which range from mild developmental delay to profound or more complex needs such as cerebral palsy and severe autism.

Web: Tel: 01483 770037

LinkAble The Link, 2 Board School Road,  Woking,  Surrey GU21 5HE



Parkside is a registered charity based in Aldershot that provides support services for children and adults with learning disabilities living in the local area, covering both Hampshire and Surrey.

Web: Tel: 01252 313103

Parkside, Guildford Road, Aldershot, Hampshire GU12 4BP


Mental health services and suppor


Surrey and Borders NHS Foundation Trust

We are one of the leading providers of specialist mental health, drug and alcohol and learning disability services for people of all ages in southern England.

Web: Tel: 0300 55 55 222

18 Mole Business Park, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7AD


Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in Hampshire

The provision of Specialist Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in Hampshire is the responsibility of Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust, see here for more information.


Hampshire County Council, The Castle, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8UJ


Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS) in Surrey

CAMHS teams assess and treat children and young people who present with mild, moderate or severe and complex concerns which are having a significant impact on a their development and are causing them and/or their carers distress.

Web: Tel: 0300 55 55 222

18 Mole Business Park, Leatherhead, Surrey KT22 7AD


Surrey Early Support Service for young children with disabilities

Surrey Early Support Service (SESS) is for families who need extra help to raise a young child with disabilities and special needs and anyone who works regularly with these children and their families.

They coordinate services and make sure everyone involved is aware of the overall needs of the child and the family. The more services a family uses and the greater the number of people who are involved, the more likely it is that they can help.


Surrey County Council County Hall, Penrhyn Road, Kingston upon Thames KT1 2DN

Tel: 03456 009 009


Community Mental Health (Hampshire)

Mental Health Teams are run jointly by the Health Service and Adult Services, and deal with people's health and social care needs. They help people in the community, whether they have just become ill, have a short-term illness, or need on-going support (for example, if they have a long-term illness, or after they have been discharged from a psychiatric hospital).


Hampshire County Council, The Castle, Winchester, Hampshire, SO23 8UJ

We want to hear your feedback, so please fill out the form below.
1000 characters left

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.

EU Cookie Directive Module Information