Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities (SEND)

Do you have, or care for, a child or young person with special educational needs and/or disabilities? Are you confused about what support and/or services are available to you? Not sure who to turn to?

NHS North East Hampshire and Farnham Clinical Commissioning Group has a designated clinical officer to support you and your family. We can help to:

  • Early identification, support and intervention offered to children, young people and their families with Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities to help access the support needed.
  • Contribute to the Education, Health and Care needs assessment (EHC), led by the local authority.
  • Working together across health, education and care to ensure the special educational needs of your child are met.
  • Work in partnership with children, young people, their families and local authorities to help shape services to meet the needs and improve outcomes for those with Special Educational Needs and/or disabilities.
  • Work with the local authority to contribute to the Special Educational Needs and/or Disabilities Local Offer.

The Children and Families Act 2014 places statutory duties on the NHS, both health commissioners and providers, to work with the local authority to provide the best support to disabled children and young people and those with special educational needs, from birth until the age of 25.

To find out more contact the designated clinical officer, via email, on Dco-hampshire5ccgs@nhs.net

You can access the Hampshire Local Offer here:  https://fish.hants.gov.uk/localoffer

We want to hear your feedback, so please fill out the form below.
1000 characters left

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.

EU Cookie Directive Module Information