Where can you go for help?

There is a range of health services already available to the older members of our population.

If you already have existing complex or chronic health needs, the chances are that your GP and your local integrated care team (ICT) will already be aware of your needs and a care plan will be in place. This will take the pressure off you by ensuring that all of the local health services know what you need and are working together to provide you with the right treatment and to plan for your future health needs.

The best ways to access your health services if you are in doubt is via the main contact points:

  • Call NHS111
  • Consult your pharmacist
  • See your¬†GP

Remember, in an emergency always call 999.

If you are prone to falling or you feel you might be at risk, there is a special service which has been set up, called the Walk and Live Confidently (WALC) service. You can check your symptoms against a checklist and you can refer yourself directly to the service.

Click here for more information.

Working with a number of our partner organisations, we devised a 'Nourish pack' for our care homes. This provides a whole host of information and tips around catering for older people, giving quick and simple tips in a bright, user-friendly way.

Don't worry if you don't work in a care home! This advice can be useful for anyone. To download a copy, click here.

We use cookies to improve our website and your experience when using it. Cookies used for the essential operation of the site have already been set. To find out more about the cookies we use and how to delete them, see our privacy policy.

I accept cookies from this site.

EU Cookie Directive Module Information