Get Active Exercise GP referral scheme
Your GP or another health care professional can refer you to this 12 week gym based/exercise programme within Rushmoor or Hart.
Rushmoor Referral Programme
Promotes physical, mental and social wellbeing for over 16’s who are currently inactive and have an underlying health condition. Ask your GP or practice nurse. They want to help you help yourself.
Participating Leisure centres in Rushmoor
Farnborough Leisure Centre – Get Active Co-ordinator, Farnborough Leisure Centre, Kinetika Gym, Westmead, Farnborough, GU14 7LE, 01252 370411/554034
Connaught Leisure Centre – Get Active Co-ordinator, Connaught Leisure Centre, Tongham Road, Aldershot, GU12 4AS, 01252 344438
Aldershot pools complex- Get Active Co-ordinator, Guildford Road, Aldershot, GU12 4BP, 01252 323482.
Participating Leisure Centres in Hart
Frogmore Leisure Centre, Potley Hill Road, Yateley, Hants, GU46 6AG
Hart Leisure Centre, Hitches Lane, Fleet, Hants, GU51 5HS
- Appointment 1 – You will meet the GP referral specialist to discuss the reason for your referral and complete a physical readiness questionnaire. Free of charge.
- Appointment 2 – You will be shown the correct use of the gym equipment; an exercise programme will then be developed, taking into consideration the reason for your referral, your individual fitness level and abilities. Free of Charge
- You are then ready to start the gym/exercise sessions as often as you wish (or advised) throughout the 12 week period. You can pay as you go or membership options are available to you. These are at subsidised rates, please ask your Get Actice Co-ordinator for up to date details.
- The gym specialist will touch base with you at 3, 6 and 9 weeks to discuss your progress and arrange a review if required.
- 12 weeks – an exit interview at which they will advise you on how to maintain a healthy active lifestyle for your future.
- A feedback form will be sent to the referring GP informing them of your progress if requested.
- You will be contacted again 6 months after the end of your 12 weeks and one year to see if you have continued with an exercise programme.
- Please note you may only be referred once within a one year period.
Activities in Waverley
Waverley Community Assets: A wealth of information about different groups taking part in different activities. You can browse, click through and add your own. They're not all high-energy but if they get you out and about, that's half the battle won!
An open, inclusive, cross sector, multi-agency partnership involving all those with an involvement or interest in the development of sport and physical activity. There is information for all ages and abilities, and links to activities and events.
Alive and Kicking
Children’s lifestyle weight management service that helps overweight children and young people and their families to reach and maintain a healthier weight. Commissioned by Surrey County Council.
A website hosted by Surrey County Council, bringing together information, advice and local links on all aspects of health and wellbeing.
Links to healthy lifestyle information in Hart District
A friendly cycling club offering bike rides for various ages and abilities, Fleet Cycling has over 200 members and welcomes riders of all abilities to join them on its popular local cycle rides around Fleet and the surrounding Hampshire countryside. You can join a ride for free as a guest then decide whether to join Cycling UK, which automatically makes you a member of Fleet Cycling.
For more information click here.
To join click here.
RIOT Squad (Running Is Our Therapy)
A running club in Fleet and surrounding areas is helping complete beginners to get from couch to 5k and beyond.
Coached sessions:7am –Tuesday and Thursday mornings
7pm –Monday and Thursday evenings
My Journey - travel advice for Hampshire, including walking and cycling ideas
Visit the website: https://myjourneyhampshire.com
Follow the group on Twitter: @myjourneyhants
... and on Facebook: facebook.com/myjourneyhants
Women only cycle rides
....and the website: https://www.letsride.co.uk/
or call: 01252397763